Advertising careers. Now available in bullshit-free.
Our people are our biggest asset, so finding the right fit is key. We take our client work seriously, but ourselves, not so much. We have a strict “no assholes” policy and only hire smart, friendly and genuine people – down to their core. It’s worth noting that all successful candidates to date have listed a passion for chicken wings under “skills” on their resume. We really like people who like chicken wings. New candidates are welcome, so if you’ve got what it takes, we’d love to hear from you.
Do you have a passion for media relations, a hardworking attitude, and a desire to learn and make an impact? CO-OP is on the hunt for a PR Consultant to work across a variety of clients and industries. Reporting to an account manager and working with a small but mighty integrated team that includes the best of the best in creative advertising, digital media and design, you’ll have the opportunity to hone your skills in a fun, supportive environment.
Do you have a passion for media relations, a hardworking attitude, and a desire to learn and make an impact? CO-OP is on the hunt for a PR Consultant to work across a variety of clients and industries. Reporting to an account manager and working with a small but mighty integrated team that includes the best of the best in creative advertising, digital media and design, you’ll have the opportunity to hone your skills in a fun, supportive environment. We have an open concept office at Spadina and Richmond, regularly hang out after work, and share a passion for our work – all without taking ourselves too seriously.
- Thinks strategically; identifies PR opportunities in an integrated advertising and communications environment
- Works independently to schedule interviews with broadcast, print and online media, developing proper angles and pitches
- Briefs client on how to handle interviews
- Schedules tours with both traditional appearances and off-site events involving third party partners
- Actively develops and maintains media contacts and lists, including national, regional, local and online
- Writes press releases and pitch letters, and other written materials relating to client’s campaign
- Works closely with and reports to senior account team to achieve desired outcomes through strategic input and planning
- Contributes to creative programming development in tandem with creative and account teams.
- Develop campaign proposals and wrap reports, including the use of standard measurement suppliers, such as MRP and media monitoring services
- 2-3 years of prior work experience in public relations (preferably agency), with an emphasis placed on booking media across both traditional and digital outlets
- A proven ability to generate creative angles and pitches
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of the media and a familiarity with influencers and spokespeople, contract development and execution
- Diverse PR experience across multiple industry categories with proven success
- A deep understanding of digital media, including bloggers, influencers and social media (ie., planning, community management, paid media, reporting and analytics)
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to act as an ambassador to reinforce the reputation of CO-OP
- Excellent communication skills, including exceptional writing skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- A degree or equivalent experience
CO-OP is an equal opportunity employer.